Mega Nutrition Organic Superfood (MNOS)
Q. How many ingredients does MNOS have?
A. MNOS is a proprietary blend that combines eight (8) of the most nutrient-dense organic Superfoods in the world.
Q. Are the ingredients organic?
A. Yes, MNOS contains only health enhancing superfoods that are pure, raw, and certified organic.
Q. Where do the ingredients come from (country)?
A. MNOS ingredients come from the following countries:
- Wheat grass - U.S., China
- Moringa – India
- Camu Camu - Peru
- Goji Berry-China
- Cacao – Peru, Indonesia, Ecuador
- Chlorella (cracked cell) – Northern China
- Spirulina - China
- Acai - Brazil
Q. How do you know the raw ingredients are organic?
A. All the ingredients have to be compliant with FDA guidelines for raw material content.
The raw material suppliers have to submit to the manufacturer a Certificate of Analysis (COA) for each ingredient which include the following:
Description, specification, assay, color, appearance, identification, mesh size, solubility, type of extraction, extracts solvents used, carriers used, method of sterilization - whether irradiated, country of origin, part used, herb ratio, active constituent of the plant, moisture, ash, particle size, heavy metals (lead, arsenic, cadmium, mercury), Microbial (Total Plate Count, yeast, mold, e. coli, salmonella, staphylococcus, etc.), excipient, pesticides, manufacturing date, analysis date, retest date, batch no., quantity, expiration date, test method used, test results, shelf life, and storage information.
Q. Where is the product manufactured?
A. It is manufactured in the U.S. The manufacturer is a cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practice) manufacturing and packaging facility. It is licensed and inspected regularly by the FDA. The manufacturing facility is approved by an organic certifying agency accredited by the USDA.
Q. How is the MNOS manufactured? It MNOS “cold-pressed”?
A. The only ingredient that is freeze-dried is acai. All the organic ingredients are dried and processed into powder form at low temperatures and therefore, considered raw, except for organic spirulina, organic chlorella and organic moringa, which are processed at temperatures above 117 F and are therefore, technically not considered raw.
Q. Has MNOS been approve by the FDA?
A. No, MNOS has not been approved by the FDA.
Q. Who is Mr. B? Does he exists?
A. Mr. B is the person who created the product. Yes, he is a real person that lives in Beverly Hills, CA.
Product Information and Health Benefits
Q. What are the health benefits of taking MNOS?
A. The superfoods in MNOS:
- Boosts energy levels
- Helps strengthen the body’s immune system
- Promotes metal clarity
- Helps maintain normal cholesterol levels
- Supports youthful looking and wrinkle free skin
- Triggers weight loss
- Build strong nails and hair
- Regulates normal cell growth
- Helps support vibrant eyesight
- Helps you sleep better, naturally.
- Helps to keep organs such as the eyes, brain, heart, skin and liver in good working conditions
Q. What are the health benefits of each ingredient?
A. These are the benefits of each ingredient:
Chlorella (cracked cell wall)
- Single-celled, water-grown algae
- Rich in vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and fatty acids
- Abundance of nucleic acids- have powerful rejuvenating properties that regulate the aging process, support youthful looking and wrinkle-free skin and help you have a longer potential lifespan.
- Moring leaves contain several thousand time more of the powerful nutrient ZEATIN than any other known plant.
- Zeatin contained in moringa allows new skin cells grow at a faster rate.
- Moringa leaves have 90 essential nutrients and 2 compounds that have been shown to regulate abnormal cell growth.
- Vitamin A, C, calcium, potassium and iron.
Spirulina (whole algea)
- Blue green algae.
- Spirulina is considered a complete protein because it contains all the essential amino acids the body cannot make.
- Vitamins (B-12), minerals, nutrients (beta carotene, iron, potassium, magnesium, copper, calcium, chromium, manganese, phosphorus, selenium, zinc, essential trace minerals, gamma-linolenic acid.
- It has shown to support beneficial outcomes in relation to:
- Abnormal cell growth
- Elevated cholesterol
- Elevated blood sugar
- Viral infections
- Heart concern (sometimes cardiovascular disease)
- Liver problems
- Inflammatory conditions
- Immune concern
- Cacao comes from raw cacao seeds.
- Increases blood flow to the brain and enhance brain function
- No. 1 source of magnesium of any food
- Balance brain chemistry
- Build strong bones
- Regulate heartbeat, blood pressure
- Prevent constipation
- Ease minor menstrual cramp
- Helps weight loss, feel good improve mood
- Raise Serotonin levels in the brain, thus acting to regulate mood
- Stimulate the secretion of endorphins, producing a pleasurable sensation.
- High in the beauty mineral SULFUR (helps build strong nails, hair, promote beautiful skin, helps supports healthy pancreas function).
- Promotes healthy aging process because it cleanses the blood, thereby helping to rejuvenate aging cell and helping to tighten loose and sagging skin.
- High in chlorophyll, amino acids, vitamins, and enzymes provides health benefits such as:
- Regulate normal cell growth
- Powerful detoxifier: May protect the liver and the blood and neutralizes toxic substance like cadmium, nicotine, strontium, mercury and polyvinyl chloride.
- Blood builder: Chlorophyll in wheatgrass almost identical in chemical composition to hemoglobin, the compound that carries oxygen in the blood.
Camu Camu (fruit)-Purplish red berries are a rich source of antioxidants and powerful phytochemicals that may support and enhance health.
- Contains the highest amount of Vitamin C of any botanical source. Delivers 600 times more Vitamin C than oranges.
- Contains phytochemicals such as leucine, serine, and valine.
- Contains significant levels of beta carotene, calcium, iron, potassium, niacin, phosphorus, riboflavin, and thiamine.
- Regulates soreness.
- Supports healthy respiratiory functions.
- Maintains healthy skin, hair, and nails.
- Helps support vibrant eyesight.
- Strengthens tendons and ligaments.
- Helps keep organs (eyes, brain, heart, skin, and liver) in good working condition.
Acai (fruit) –Considered the most antioxidant-rich superfood in the world!
- High ORAC value.
- High level of anthocyanins (support healthy aging)
- Rich in fiber, monounsaturated fats and phytoserols (help promote healthy digestive and cardiovascular systems).
- Abundance of essential fatty acids and essential amino acids complex
- Graceful aging process
- Strengthen the immune system
- Regulates cholesterol levels in the body
- Reduces soreness
- Improves circulation and cardiovascular functions
- Detoxify the body
- Improves vision
- Helps you sleep better
Goji Berry (fruit)
- Developing a stronger immune systems
- Delivering forceful anti-aging properties
- Brightening and improving eyesight
- Nourishing liver and kidneys
- Normalizing blood pressure and blood sugar level
- Assisting weight loss
- Lowering cholesterol
- Slowing hair loss and graying
- Increase stem cell proliferation and boosted the number of monocytes in bone marrow.
- Helps monocytes convert to mature leukocytes—white blood cells that defend against disease.
Q. When should I see the benefits?
A. Most individuals see/feel results within the first few weeks.
Q. Is the MNOS a powder or capsule?
A. MNOS is a powder that contains only health enhancing superfoods that are pure, raw, and certified organic.
Q. Is MNOS certified? What agency certifies your product?
A. Yes! MNOS is USDA organic certified by CCOF (California Certified Organic Farmers).
Q. How many ounces does each jar have? How many servings does each jar have?
A. Each jar has eight (8) ounces/240 grams. There are 30 servings to a jar.
Q. How long will one (1) jar last for?
A. At one (1) serving of eight (8) grams per day, one (1) jar will last thirty (30) days.
Q. Is there a scoop inside the MNOS?
A. Yes, each container has a pre-measured scoop.
Q. Is MNOS gluten-free, transfat-free, and sugar-free?
A. Yes, MNOS is gluten-free, transfat-free, sugar-free AND non-GMO.
Q. Is MNOS vegetarian/vegan?
A. The product is not only vegetarian, but it is also vegan as there are no animal ingredients, e.g., dairy, eggs, etc. in it.
Q. How do I take MNOS?
A. We suggest to mix one scoop (8gm) in 8 fl oz. of water or with your favorite fruit and vegetable smoothie/juice once or twice daily, preferably in the morning and/or at night. It is best taken on an empty stomach.
Q. What is the shelf life of MNOS?
A. MNOS has a two (2) years shelf life. The expiration date appears on the bottom of the jar.
Q. Do I have to refrigerate MNOS after opening it?
A. MNOS does not have to be refrigerated. It should be store at 15-30° C (59-86° F). It should be protect from heat, light and moisture.
Q. Can MNOS cure or help with my medical condition i.e., diabetes?
A. MNOS provides optimal nutrition that supports a healthy immune system, energizes the body, and helps the body achieve radiant health. Much as we'd like to answer your questions about specific health conditions and diseases, we're prohibited by law from dispensing any medical advice or suggestions with regard to the internal administration of MNOS. As with all dietary supplements, it is recommended that you consult with your physician if you are taking other medications or medical conditions.
Q. The superfood has an unpleasant taste. What can I do to make it taste better?
A. Some customers add cinnamon to improve the taste. You can also mix the superfood with your favorite juice, and others mix it with their favorite smoothie.
Q. When should I see the benefits?
A. Most individuals see/feel results within the first few weeks, however, this may vary depending on the individual’s health condition.
Q. The superfood doesn’t dissolve easily. What can I do to improve the dissolvability?
A. We recommend to stir the superfood with a fork for a couple of minutes-this tend to break down powder. Some customers mix the superfood in lukewarm water to improve dissolvability. Others find it easy to blend the superfood with your favorite smoothie.
Q. Is the superfood a meal replacement?
A. No, the superfood is NOT a meal replacement. However, many customer are also using the superfood as a meal replacement.
Q. It says to take on an empty stomach, so how long do I have to wait before I can eat?
A. Most nutritionist recommend to wait about 1 hour before consuming your next meal.
Q. I been using the bathroom/toilet often (bowel movements). Is this normal?
A. It is not uncommon for individuals to suffer from detoxification reactions when they start on a program towards better health and nutrition. This is classically referred to as a healing crisis, and occurs when the body is expelling toxins into the different systems of the body. The healing crisis is a normal process that individuals who are more accustomed to consuming processed foods, experience when they start taking nutritionally dense supplements such as MNOS. These symptoms are temporary and will subside as the body gets healthier, and is able to eliminate toxins more effectively. The body will absorb the nutrients it needs, and discard the old "junk" it doesn't need.
Q. What ingredients is causing me to use the bathroom/toilet?
A. MNOS contains superfoods that are powerful detoxification agents such as wheatgrass, chlorella and spirulina. It also contains ingredients such as acai berry, a powerful antioxidant that helps flush out toxins and waste in our system.
Q. Should I stop taking my multi-vitamins?
A. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to instruct you to discontinue taking your multivitamins, however, most of our customers stop taking their multivitamins.
Q. I currently take < medication>. Will MNOS interfere with ?
A. Unfortunately, we do not know whether MNOS will interfere with your medication. We recommended that you consult with your physician if you are taking other medications or medical conditions.
Q. If I were to start taking, would my body grow dependent on it and therefore have to take it the rest of my life?
A. This is a nutritional supplement and does not require an individual to be dependent on it. Just like a multi-vitamin supplement, if you stop using it, you will not continue to get the benefits. However, you will not be dependent on it.
Q. What are some of the side effects?
A. It is not uncommon for individuals to suffer from detoxification reactions ( an increase in bowel movements) when they start taking MNOS. These symptoms are temporary and will subside as the body gets healthier, and is able to eliminate toxins more effectively. As with all dietary supplements, it is recommended that a physician be consulted if unusual symptoms are being experienced, or if other medications are being taken.
Q. How long has this product been on the market?
A. Since February 2013.
Q. Why is there an inconsistency in color/smell/texture in the superfood?
A. Powder color, taste and texture may vary slightly from batch to batch. Potency is not affected by these natural variances. The color of the individual ingredients/materials could vary depending on the source. Regardless of the origin of the source though, other factors such as growing conditions could affect the color from one season to another. Based on this, even if an ingredient/material was to come from the same source, the color could still vary, which in turn will affect the overall color of the product.
Q. Does MNOS contain any iodine?
A. The spirulina, chlorella and wheatgrass in MNOS contain trace amounts of iodine.
Q. Can I take other supplements with MNOS?
A. MNOS is comprised of superfoods and therefore, can be taken with any of our other supplements. If need be, our supplements can be consumed together with our other supplements. However, it is important for customers to heed the "Warning" that is stated on our label - "Warning: As with all dietary supplements, it is recommended that you consult your physician if you are taking other medications."
Q. Why are the vitamins/minerals not listed in the Supplement Facts?
A. Superfoods should not be evaluated based on their vitamin and mineral content or on the basis of U.S. Recommended Daily Allowances (USRDAs). The USRDA is simply a rough guideline for determining what percentage of essential nutrients you get per serving or dose of a supplement. The board that established USRDAs has limitations for the USRDA guidelines. One is not required to include such information when several essential nutrients (such as micronutrients, which include antioxidants and phytochemicals) have only recently been discovered and have not yet been recognized by the FDA as vitamins, or as nutrients required by the human body – even if they’re already scientifically documented. The nutrients in most superfoods have not been included among the vitamins and minerals traditionally listed in food labels.
Q. Is MNOS soy free and Paleo Diet friendly?
A. Yes, MNOS is soy free and Paleo Diet friendly!
Q. Do you test MNOS for chemicals ?
A. Raw Materials and Finished Products Specifications and Testing are conducted by our manufacturers. Testing includes Microbial [TPC (Total Plate Count), Yeast and Mold, E Coli, Salmonella, coliforms] and Heavy metal testing.
Raw Materials and Finished Products Specifications and Testing: Includes following sourcing qualifications and testing of raw materials and finished products.
1. Raw Materials Sourcing: All vendors are qualified by testing one lot of the raw materials for: (l) identification, (ll) Physical characteristics including: Color, Odor, Particle Size, and PH (lll) Analytical Testing of one or two Markers for active components (lV) Microbial Tests including: TPC, Yeast & Mold, Coli form, E Coli, and Salmonella (V) Heavy Metals including: AS, Cd, Pb, and Hg to verify the supplier's certificate of analysis.
2. Incoming Inspection of Raw material: Each lot is tested for (l) identification,
(ll) Physical characteristics as in item 2.ll above (lll) Microbial Test on a skip lot basis
(lV) Heavy Metals testing on a Skip lot basis. The supplier's Certificate of Analysis is relied upon to ensure the potency and purity of the raw material.
3. Finished Products Testing: Each lot of finished dietary supplements undergo physical tests as defined in specifications, as well as microbial tests, heavy metals testing, and analytical tests of 1 or 2 markers for active components.
The manufacturing, testing, packaging and final review for release, are all overseen, examined and approved by a QA/QC team of Pharmacists, Ph.D.'s, Microbiologists and Chemists.
Strict compliance with comprehensive cGMP's is mandatory. By constantly monitoring and enforcing strict adherence of SOP's, QA & QC insures 100% compliance and safety of products at all times. Our manufacturers are certified for full compliance with the US Food and Drug Administration 21 CFR, Part 111 regulations, and cGMP certified by NPA (Natural Products Association) and NSF (NSF International), the leading certifying organizations in the industry. cGMP refers to the Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulations enforced by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). cGMPs provide for systems that assure proper design, monitoring, and control of manufacturing processes and facilities.
Q. What is the ORAC value of MNOS?
A. The antioxidant values of foods are expressed in ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) units, a unit of measurement for antioxidants developed by the National Institute on Aging in the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
In 2012, the USDA’s Nutrient Data Laboratory (NDL) removed the USDA ORAC Database for Selected Foods from the NDL website. The USDA cites two main reasons for the removal of the ORAC Database:
1. The values indicating antioxidant capacity have no relevance to the effects of specific bioactive compounds, including polyphenols on human health. There is no evidence that the beneficial effects of polyphenol-rich foods can be attributed to the antioxidant properties of these foods. - Note: Several health researchers have disagreed with these statements.
2. ORAC values are routinely misused by food and dietary supplement manufacturing companies to promote their products, and by consumers to guide their food and dietary supplement choices. - This is a valid statement.
Due to the controversy surrounding ORAC values, it was deemed unnecessary to go through the expense of having MNOS tested for ORAC values, especially in light of its misuse and misrepresentation by companies eager to make their products appear superior to others. ORAC values are being manipulated, and used as marketing hype. Moreover, there is no industry standard of measurement, and test results are unreliable and inconsistent.
Q. Are your bottles/jars PET/PETE?
A. QWBI use only amber Polyethylene terephthalate (PET/PETE) bottles/jars, even though they cost more. These bottles/jars are recyclable and shatter-proof. They protect from harmful light and UV rays. The amber color provides protection for light-sensitive products. They provide superior protection against oxygen permeation, and provide maximum shelf exposure.